D-licious Meat Pie
1and 1/2 pounds meat, ground or minced (the Victorians used just about anything for a meat pie, including tongue, game, and foul)
2 onions, diced
1/2 head of garlic, minced
About 2 cups vegetables, cut into bite sised bits (I used a bag of frozen mixed veggies, you can use what you like)
4 tbs. butter
1/4 cup milk
2tbs corn starch
1 top and bottom pie crust (you can get these pre-made or make it yourself)
whatever seasonings you like (I used salt, pepper, soy sauce, and more garlic)
1. Chop your garlic and onions. (Tip for you steampunks out there: This is a great opertunity to USE your goggles! Look ma! No onion tears!)
2. In a large pan, melt the butter on medium high heat.
3. When the butter is melted, add the garlic and onions, saute in the butter till they are just becoming transparent.
4. Add your meat and brown, stirring constandly till it is completely browned. Turn burner down to medium low.
5. Add milk, stir.
6. Mix corn starch with an equal amount of cold water. add bit by bit to the meat, stirring the whole time.
7. Season to taste
8. Add vegetables, cover pan, and let cook on low till vegetables are cooked through. (or thawed if using frozen) Turn burner to low.
9. Preheat oven according to your pie crust recipe.
10. Roll pie shell into pie pan.
11. Go back to your meat mixture, and adjust the seasoning.
12. Put filling into first pie crust, and put the top crust on, making vents for steam to escape.
13. put into oven and bake according to your crust recipe.
Ta-da! Pie! *nom nom nom ^_^ *